Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Book Review

     I just had the pleasure of reading Pale Demon by Kim Harrison.   I loved that book!!!  I have been a fan of Rachel Morgan since the beginning with Dead Witch Walking.  Harrison's first book was good, but her latest book was awesome.  I have watched her grow as a writer.  I love to read a book that has no typos or errors in grammar, as I find those to be extremely distracting, kudos to the editor, publisher, etc... the book is flawless.
      The real reason I love the book is the plot.  The book starts off with a bang and delivers straight through.  It flows.  The characters have such depth at this point.  There is resolution in some relationships and possibilities open up in others.  I have always wanted a Trent/Rachel relationship.  It looks like Harrison may deliver. I love a book in which I become emotionally invested in the characters and their relationships. Her imagination knows no bounds.  All of her fantasy topics like the tying in of the two dimensions, the ley lines, the gargoyles, the fairies,  the pixies, the elves, etc... are all so well crafted.
     I enjoy, that yes it is a book for grown-ups, yet it isn't oversexed.  She is classy in her use of sexuality and doesn't overuse the theme.  (FYI: I stopped reading the Anita Blake series because it took such a drastic departure from the first couple of books.  I felt like I was reading something that was so out of the realm of possibility.  Let's face it the typical woman does not have multiple sex partners and probably not at the same time). Harrison doesn't do this at all. Reading her books is like taking a trip through an action movie, except they don't use guns as weapons (well there are guns with spelled splat balls). They use spells.
     In closing, let me say that I am sure that my review could never do this book justice.  It is awesome. READ THIS SERIES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment