Saturday, April 7, 2012

T-Ball

     Well,  I never thought I would say this, but I am coaching T-Ball.  This is my third week as coach and I am enjoying it immensely.  As a middle school teacher, it has been quite a surprise.  These little ones are so much fun.  They run all over the place, don't pay attention, and need constant direction.   I am so grateful to all of the parents. They are so supportive and helpful.  It literally takes all of us to keep all of them in place. Coaching is a workout in itself.  It involves redirecting runners (going to the wrong base),  fielders throwing in the wrong direction, and kiddos who are daydreaming during the action. Also, some of these cuties can get pretty bossy and impatient (trust me they have their own opinions as to which direction things should go in). It is so much FUN!!! I actually look forward to T-Ball days. I wonder why I hadn't ever coached before.  Not only is it extremely rewarding, it is a workout. My butt hurts from bending down to help them bat and catch.  The best part is that my son and I get to spend more time together, if I was just a spectator I would miss this bonding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment